Sunday, January 6, 2008

TEAM CAMP

Day 1
It was like 19 degrees the whole ride. This was the coldest day in 3 years for this part of the country Needless to say we got in a good solid 3.5hrs. Nothing but rollers, but still a good ride.

Day 2
We rode from my house and did 3 climbs that were around 1.5 miles each and steep, nothing to epic though. We only hit it hard once on Horn Mountain, and I found out just how out of shape I was. We ended up doing 4.5hrs

Day 3
We rode from David Talbotts house and first climbed Suck Creek (Almost 10k)at a steady pace, then hit a hard 2 mile climb that was steep as hell. Thats when we really drilled it, boy did i hurt. After that we climbed a famous Chattanooga climb called the "w" road. It is such a cool climb with some epic switch backs. At the top Me, new teammate Ty Magner, David Talbot, Dave Hutton, and my old man, did the climb again. The ride was amazing, we ended up getting nearly 5 and half hrs in! With 4 climbs.

Day 4
This was the last day of camp and everyone was tired and all......We did a little over 2hrs, but I was still pretty tired after that. Just to lift the moral I went retro on the ride today (will post pics)

So over all the camp was great! Everyone on the team is great. I really have become more of friends with everyone as apposed to just teammates.....I think we will accomplish alot this year. Big thanks to the coaches Steve and Shane for putting such a great camp together, and my mom & dad, & the Joslins, & the Talbots for great food. And anyone else I left out.....Oh yea HUGE thanks to grandpa for driving swag!
Hopefully I'll get pics up

aj

1 comment:

T.Karnes said...

fun times man. i got some pics of your goofy ass ill get to ya