Sunday, March 23, 2008

Another Podium..."big thanks to Matt Winstead....lol!"

Me an my teammate David T. went down to Alabama on Sat. to race a circuit race held on a race track. Its a great course with many sweeping turns and three small hills, one coming 600 meters before the finish and was made difficult by a stiff headwind. So we started the race with a plan of marking all major moves, and if the peleton was still together at the end, David was gonna attack the last lap, and I was gonna do my thing in the sprint. There was a solid field, with big guys like Matt Winstead (Inferno Racing) and Micheal Olhieser (Multi world master champ). My legs felt like shit thanks to me, my brother, and my friends hike to the very debts of hell and back.......Actually it was an awesome hike, but thats another story. So the race got underway with me and Dave marking all the moves, once dave, matt, and micheal got of together and i thought that they were gone, but they were reeled in and I countered wit some other dude, and we were actually gone for a good 10 min or so.....but the other dude gave up and sat up, but me, I kept my head down and drove on into the wind like a true idiot.....soon enough I was caught, and I settled back into the field. It was really uneventful until the last lap were 2 guys were off the front, one being local Chatt. rider and good friend Jon M. from the Krystal team. I really thought these guys had it in the bag, until good ole teammate David made a strong move with a half a lap to go. All the big boys were on this move, and it ended up good for me because we caught the break, and it came to a mass sprint. The sprint was downhill, so I worked with what I had and overcame a shitty position to finish 3rd.....not bad since my legs were crappy.......Well I'm gonna try to get some good training in the next few weeks and get into shape, so that I can hopefully turn all these top 3's into wins!!!!!!! Big thanks to David for setting me up perfectly for the sprint.
holla holla holla

aj

2 comments:

Unknown said...

AJ man, you really should update this blog post to say that "big thanks to Matt Winstead for leading me and the peleton out for the final 400meters. i could never have gotten third without that massive draft coming down the home straight." Thanks man, thanks. LOL

Unknown said...

C'mon Dude. I love you and lil'T, but why you gotta chase Johnny Mac down like that? He had it in the bag.

I can't wait to see you on some grown man gearing. I can't believe you contest sprints with a 14 tooth.

Can't wait to see Winstead at the Super Bowl Crit in Athens! Go Cooter!