Sunday, March 8, 2009

Life

So a few days ago an event happened that made me really think about life, death, and my passion. David Meeks, a local rider, was hit by a car and was killed. This is the first person i personally knew that was killed in such a fashion. I have had family members pass away from sicknesses but I had time to prepare and accept thier fate. But this was differant. It took me by complete suprise and made me sick. I didnt know Mr. Meeks to well, but we were def. on a first name basis. He was one of those guys who has been around and riding ever since i started cycling. He was always happy and loved what he did. He would put on these epic mountian training rides that me and my dad would occasionally do. I'll def. always remember him.
RIP David

So this event really made me relize the value of everyday that we live. I think we are all guilty of getting into a daily habbit of taking everday as a giving. This made me relize how every ride, every day at school, every night with my friends, every day with my family could be the last. Life really is beautiful. Every emotion we experience is great. Even when I am down, I now relize that i'm alive, that i'm living and that every day is what i make it to be. I had a track meet this past Saturday, and before my race i was so nervous. But something came to me. As i was sitting before my race nervous as hell i took a second to relise the beuaty of competion. Sports make us feel more alive then almost anything else! I mean I went from nervous, to hurting during the race, to a high of winning the race. I often think of the meaning of life. I think one reason we are alive is to experience the great emotions of life. Love, victory, pain, joy, saddeness..........they are all great emotions that make us feel alive as ever. And I never took the time to relize it until recently. Live life to the fullest and try to enjoy everyday, every ride, every moment. I know I will enjoy them more then ever now.