Friday, April 30, 2010

SPEEDWEEK!


So I'm in the middle of speedweek. For those who don't know, speedweek is a series of seven of the fastest crits in the country against some of the fastest guys in the world. All in nine days. If someone thinks they are fast, come to speedweek and chances are you will be put in perspective! Take myself for example, my last GA cup race I was in a break-away that lapped the field. Even with a avg. speed of 28 mph this seemed easy for me. Two weeks later at athens twilight I'm hanging on for dear life at the back of the pack which was reduced from 150 riders to 30! To say these races are hard is an understatement. They are hard as hell. Its probably been the good ole junior days in Italy and Croatia since I have suffered this much on a bike. The good news is as much as I'm getting my ass kicked, I'm getting faster as well. I have managed to finish all races in the field so far (knock on wood), which is no easy task. I have also been feeling better each race. The past race I was on the front and even attacked a few times. I ended up 16th, which is my top result so far. I have three more races to go and I hope I continue to feel better. Maybe before the series is over I'll have a result worth writing about.

No comments: