Monday, February 25, 2008

FIRST RACE WEEKEND

Sat.

This was a 56 mile rolling circuit race, nothing bad as far as terrian, but the wind made up for the lack of hills. Our team covered many of the early attacks, but the days break slipped away without anyone from the team in it. Me, Nick, and Dave went up and set tempo for 30min or so, with the Time team, we brought the gap down, but didn't have the firepower or fitness to reel them in, but hell its Feb, so i aint worried. Anyways the wind made this normally easy race, hard as crap. I was happy to just finish in the field that got reduced from around 100 riders to only about 30 main field finishers. My teammate David Talbott launched an attack around 5k out and held of the main group for an 8th place finish. All an all I accomplished what I wanted to do, and woke the legs up for Sundays race.

Sun.

Juniors
Me, Ben, and Tyler did the juniors race in the morning to wake our legs up for the latter races. Me and Ben ended up attacked with a group of 4 and dropped both riders. We came across the line together with our hands up. (may sound gay, but felt cool) Tyler controlled the field really well, and finished up 4th.

Pros
My job in this race was to stay on the attacks, and if nothing got away, be apart of Ty's lead out train. So I pretty much followed alot of moves, and rode my ass into the ground. If only a break would've worked because the team had a guy in every move. Anyways the whole leadout thing fell through because we had Chris in a move that looked like it was gonna stay away, and didnt get caught till three to go. At that time, Ty had gotten on Geri Mewett's wheel, so when I learned this I decided to wing the sprint, and see if my sprint had survived the long winter. Needless to say it survived, actually it got a hell of alot better. I finished 4th in the race, which i thought was good, considering my legs were trashed, and it was a fast sprint so junior gears totally screwed me (I think thats all my excuses!). Overall a good result for such an early race with a stacked field. Thats bout it,

aj

No comments: