Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Chatt GA Cup

We started the weekend with a 5.5 mile tt Sat. morning. The conditions where great. I didn't feel great, but I rode a decent time, and got 21st. Our team road great with Chris Biutler getting 4th, and Nick Housley getting 7th. Going into the crit we weren't trying to do anything special, just mark moves, stay safe, and finish in the p-ack, it sounds like a reasonable goal, but this turned out to be a very hard feat to accomplsih. I felt great, but luck wasn't on my side. I got a flat, and got back in easily. With around 8 las to go I tried to position myself for the sprint finsih, again I had bad luck and just as I got into the top 10 my chain jumped and caused me to hit the curb breaking my dereailer. So I went to the pit, and the mechanic told me my bike was totaled but I jumped in anyways and road the last three laps stuck in my biggest gear and finsihed in the pack............Sundays 90 mile road race was one of the hardest I have done. Team Toshiba road tempo the whole race, keeping it together. On the last lap everyone was attcking and into the headwind section we were touching speeds of 40 mph!!! Many guys were dropped in thios section. We hit the climb already tired, and the pack killed it up the wall......the pack was split into many groups, our man Chris made it over in the winning break, Steve Carpenter killed hinself to put our 2nd highest placed rider, Nick, into the second group on the road. I was in the third group and we ended up catching the 2nd group- making it a select group of 25ish.... I just finished in the pack with Nick. Chris finished in the leading group.......Our team did and outstanding job, getting 2 men in the top 10. The annoucer kept saying this was the best field GA cup has ever seen. Six differant NRC teams were there, so I'm really proud to be apart of what our team did this weekend,

aj

No comments: