Monday, April 7, 2008

Gainsville

So this was the 1st stage race of the year for me, and the 1st tt. I awoke sat. morning to rain, which lasted all day......That was cool with me i kinda like the shit weather.......but anyways, the tt went better then expected for me. I was the 1st rider off, so that sucked, but I ended up riding decent enough to finish 13th in a stacked pro field......even better was my teammate Chris Butler who finished 3rd behind John Murphy and Frank Traviaso. Nick also rode strong finishing 7th......Then the road race came an hour after the tt which was almost as crappy as the weather. Anyways it was hard for around the first 65 miles with no big moves getting away. By the last lap the field was down to around 30 riders and I made the selection and was feeling decent. Thats when the winning move got away and we didnt manage to stick a rider in it. With around 6 miles to go I flatted and since a break was up the road the wheel truck was with it....so i sat on the road in the rain until a nice soul picked my pissed off self and drove me back.......So going into the last day Chris was 4th 16 seconds outta 3rd....so we were trying to get him in a move, but the crit was probably the hardest i have done this year so we couldn't get him in one.....I tried to get in position for the sprint, but with 3 to go just as I was planning on intruding the Toshiba leadout train, big John Murphy Lunched a attack that keep the speed above 35mph the last 3 laps....I ended up getting 13th..........overall it was a good showing for the team.....hopefully we will get em in chatt town.

aj

1 comment:

David Talbott said...

tell em about your helmet story ;)