Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Ky

Kentucky turned out better then i thought. My legs felt a little better although not 100%. I opted not to do the tt, instead i opened my legs with the crit, which scared many racers away because it was like scary sketchy........I ended up suprising myself by winning it! The next day was the road race. I was working for my teammate Ty Magner, so part of my jobs was to cover the early moves. I ended up in a move with Alder from hottubes........We built up a led over 1 minuete. Shortly before the 2nd climb, Andrew Barker and Gavon Manion bridged up to us. At this point I started sitting on more, knowing that my current fitness was not going to hold up well against my 2 new breakaway companions.......Anyways the pack caught us on the 2nd climb and I was dropped, but caught up to the pack, and proceded to chase a whole lotta shit down.........When we hit the final climb of the day I punched my ticket and cruised on in.........Ty road strong staying with the select group untill the finish where he cramped but still managed a top 15.
I'm now resting up, getting ready for the 2nd half of the season, which includes races such as Fitchburg, L'abitibi, and Nationals.....
looking forward to getting back in shape,

aj

No comments: