Sunday, June 8, 2008

So..........

I attempted a race this weekend......Notice I said attempted! I was DROPPED 20 miles into it.............Yea I have been training like hell and finally hit the wall....I never really new about overtraining, i always heard people talk about it but I never actually suffered from it untill now......It all started by doing 2 huge pro stage races in may....I felt shitty after those and following my coach's advice I took it easy for a while.......Well I started to feel better so against my coachs advice I hammer in the mountians last week...and I serously felt it in the race......I just couldn't respond to any hard efforts.....Im really bummed because next week is the junior world quilifier......I'm taking it easy this week and hoping to get my legs back under me, with a slight miricule i will be back for KY.........At this point all one is able to do is look at the positive side of this debacle....I learned my body's limits and after I recover I think I will be stronger then ever.....Definatly in time for nationals.......
A wise dude once told me..."You win some you lose some." Hopefully the one I lost was Roan Groan and not KY.
Another wise soul told me "Shit happens, you gotta flush it down the tolit and move on."
So I'm taking the positives, getting some masasuses, and moving forward.

AJET

No comments: