Sunday, July 27, 2008

Stage 2

So i stared the stage in the points jersey.....That was pretty cool. This is the first race i've done with so many national teams and strong guys. I think there are close to 170 riders in the race, The first hour was insane, It took me about 1 hr to adjust to this crazy racing. Guys are fearless, but hell thats euro racing, so whatever.....Anyways crashes were left and right, thankfully I didn't go down in any, one dude hit a parked semi head on and is messed up, hopefully he will be okay.....Anyways i got into a few moves, but the only one that ever amounted to anything was with like 40k left into the race. It was a really good one to, the race leader was in it along with like 6 other guys.....I really felt strong in this move, and drove it like crazy, but it never got organized so after like 10k we got caught. Coming into the finishing circuits I felt strong, and stayed top 20 the whole time on them. With one lap to go my teammate, and strong sprinter Ty Magner sprint his ass off cause he thought it was the last lap, so that screwed him. On the hill of the circuit I got swarmed and had to make a huge effort to get back in decent positon, so I managed to get like in the top 15 for the last 500meters but i was tired from the effort and ended up like 12th. Not bad but couldve been better. Im now 8th overall and 12 seconds down. Also im third in the best young rider jersey standings, but the french guy who is winning is 17 so the jersey goes to the next guy which is one second ahead of me, so with some work today i might get the jersey. I'll update later.
aj

No comments: