Tuesday, September 16, 2008

1st race

So our 1st race was called the giro di bascillata or something. It was def. not easy but i felt like i was able to compete good. The first day i attacked alot in the 1st part and actually got into some good moves but nothing stuck. On the finishing climb i got popped and soft peddaled it in. Jacob got a solid 4th place for us and Nate followed with a 6th place, so we actually had something to work with on GC. The next day was a bad day for the whole team. Everyone except Jacob missed the front split on this massive 20k climb, so i chased for nate with other teammates then sat up on the last climb. The last day i felt great. I was giving the field hell attacking like crazy until the first big desent. I then proceded to crash hard. It was raining and my wheels just slid out at like 35mph. So after i got myself in order the peleton had a good min, on me. But i tucked in behind our car and chased for a good 30k when i finally caught the pack. I felt good when i caught up and actually made it over the main climb with the lead group of like 20 guys along with my teammate jacob. I tried to help jacob the best i could, and with 1k to go i bonked and probably cruised in for a top 25. Jacob got 2nd! so that was great. I felt alot strong then my results showed, and had i not bonked the last day im pretty damn sure i couldve gotton a top 10, but thats that and hopefully Croatia will be better,
thats all for now,

aj

No comments: