Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Euro Trip Summary

So im finally back home from my euro adventure. It feels good to be done with my season. Europe was great i'll try to some it up or else this post would be a novel. After the Giro Di Bascilicata we did this badass ride to watch the womens race. While we were there i proceed to have what i be leave to be a hallucination. But after a 2nd look i realized that this was reality and I was looking at Mario Cipolini ride up. Mario is totally my hero, so my and Boz proceeded to get our pic with him, but it only got better. it turns out Mario lives in our same town so we rode back with him, Thomas Dekkar, Jorg Jaske, and some CSC dude. It was great. So that was that. The final race we did over there was a nations cup in Croatia. Everyone was saying it was the strongest junior field outside of the world championships. Racing there was good. I had my ups and downs, but the last day i finished in the lead group, and got 26th. All in all this trip was a hell of a success, maybe not result wise, but i got to race against the best riders in the world and see what it takes to make it at the highest level. I also got to see what i believe to be some of the most beautiful sights in the world. Damn im lucky......Oh yea so my season is over but im still gonna do the Saul Raisin crit on OCT. 4th. Not training for it though. BY GOD ITS CROSS COUNTRY TIME!

AJ

No comments: