Tuesday, March 2, 2010

2010 race season has begun!


I realize it has been a while since I last posted. Life has been really busy lately, but I feel like i'm starting to adjust to the whole college thing. Anyways the 2010 race season has snuck up on me! I mean it really seems like just yesterday I was training for ironman in the fall. Now im racing!


So I kicked off the season with the usual races in Greenville. I really like these races. The course aren't to demanding and the fields are top notch. So its a great way to test the legs out. The first weekend went good, but I didn't really get a result. I felt good but things just didn't go my way. This past weekend things were much better though. I got 4th in the Fork Shoals road race. The field was tough and had many pro riders in it. The race was a bit harder then last weeks so I got to test my strength. I ended up bridging up to a big move on the last lap and got 2nd in the break sprint (2 dudes where up the road already). I felt like this particular ride was significant. Normally i'm not the type of rider that can bridge across the breaks. Solo efforts just aren't my thing. However I feel like I've really improved my weaknesses over this winter. I'm feeling stronger then ever, my team is rocking it, and I am very excited for the upcoming season.

Next race is Albany, I'll post an update after it!


Also check out the picture. The dude next to me is Sebastain. He is living in my hometown for a few months and is from Germany. Not to mention he is a hell of a rider! Strong as any US domestic pro. A great training partner and has become a great friend of mine.

No comments: