Thursday, March 11, 2010

Albany Races


Well the Regions bank weekend in Albany, GA, is in the books. I really considered this the first big race of the year. The field wasn't huge however there certainly was not a lack of talent. Many of the southeast's best pro riders where there. The races kicked off with a short time trial of 4k. I gave it all I had but felt like shit when I finished. I just knew that I rode a terrible time trial, and I was very suprised to see that I ended up 2nd. I guess that efforts that are that intense and short hurt everyone this early in the year. Anyways Thomas Brown from Mountain Khakis pro team won it with me in 2nd and Frank Traviaso in 3rd. I was really pumped to be in between these guys on the podium. They are for sure legit pros........So later that afternoon was the crit. It started off fast and intense, but it wasn't long before I found myself in a break with 6 other guys. There where 4 pros and myself along with 2 of my good friends Ty Magner and Sebastian. Everyone in the break was super strong so I knew we were gone. So to make a long story short we stayed away but my legs were garbage when it came to the sprint and I settled for 5th. My good friend Ty mixed it up with some of the best pros to finish 2nd. Me and him have talked about being pros an such for as long as we have known each other so it was really cool to be in the break with the big boys mixing it up together. Going into the road race I knew i was one of the strongest. Apparently everyone else thought that to because I was def. a marked man. The race was 90 miles so I'll do my best to sumerize it. A strong early break got away. 2 of the guys from the break stayed away and I was able to force a break in the last 10 miles. I ended up second outta the break 2nd so i ended up 4th place.
All in all I'm very pleased with the weekend. I really feel like all the hard work this winter is paying off. I'm able to mix it up with the pro riders and feel strong while doing so. I'm looking forward to April and May where I know Ill be twice as strong as I am now. I'm finally getting a grasp on my back issues that screwed my last few seasons, and things are looking good as far as cycling goes. I think I'll be able to pull off something big this year.
Motavated as hell,
aj

1 comment:

Cioara Andrei said...

Foarte interesant subiectul postat de tine. M-am uitat pe blogul tau si imi place si am sa mai revin sa-l vizitez. O zi buna