Sunday, June 24, 2007

Avery Trace RR/ CRIT

This was a very encouraging weekend. In the road race I played it fairly conservative in the first half. I made it over the day's toughest climb which had me worried. After that there was about a group of 20. On the second to last climb I attacked and got a gap. about 3/4's of the way in the climb Eric Murphy came up to me. Over the top three more people came across. They were Dirk Polmun, Spencer Beamer, and some other dude. I really felt like this was the move that was going to stick.......After all we had four of the strongest guys in the race in the move. But for some reason nobody would work, and we got caught about 8 miles from the finish. When we got caught, I went again on the flats before the climb........I was joined by Spencer Beamer, and we stayed out there for about 2 miles, we were brought back with around 4 miles to go. We hit the finishing hill and I was blown of the back.....I still managed to get 17th place which was good for 35 dollars. The crit was a very good race for me. In the beginning I was once again playing it Conservative, and almost immediately a break of four got clear......Including my teammate Geri Mewwit. Once it was clear that they wouldn't be brought back. I made multiple break-away attempts......Finally a group of six of us got clear. We stayed away for the rest of the time. With 2 laps to go I made a move but the was reeled in just short of one to go. A ended up taking 5th out of our group, and 9th overall, which was good for 85 dollars. Geri took 2nd....So it was a great day for the team. Tuesday I'm heading up to Fitchburg.......My form is really coming on strong so I am really looking forward to nats this year. By the way......I am officially going to Belgium after Nats.

No comments: