Sunday, June 10, 2007

Roan Groan TT and CRIT

Well the Time Trial went alot better then I expected. I ended up 16th in the pros with a time of 11:16, with an avg. speed of 26mph, not bad considering it was in a head wind, and mostly uphill. The crit was a great day for our team, we were in all the breaks. My first break came at around 10 minuets and we stayed out for around 5 minuets. Then came the winning break. I don't know how, but i found myself in a break of 7, including Eric Murphy( 2nd to George Hincapie in the ATL 100K Classic), Mark Hekmen( Winner of the 2007 Athens Twilight Crit) and some others. The best part of it was that our team had 3 men in the break!!! It was myself, Chris Harkey, and Geri Mewwit. Mark Hekmen wasn't to happy with the situation, and launched many attacks out of the group. Finally Harkey latched on the one with Eric Murphy............Those three stayed away the entire race and Chris took 3rd. Our break got caught by the field 50 minuets into the crit, but neither me or Geri could drive it since Chris was up the road. I ended up taking 9th in the field sprint, or 12th overall. A great day for the team. I'm really happy with my form after this weekend. I felt great all day in the crit. I have alot of work to do before Nationals, but my dream of being on the podium at Nats. is looking better every week.

btw.......Chris also got 2nd in the tt!!!!

No comments: