Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Joe Martin .....the rest

Well to make a long story short..........I had a hell of a tt....but after that I didn't ride as well as i wanted.....The race was much harder then expected. In the 110 mile stage I was feeling strong but got popped on a 9 mile climb.....I'm really not to mad, because I don't train for 110 miles so I think it was the shere distance that got me......anyways I rolled in with the 2nd group. Nick rode strong and stayed in the lead group....The next stage was 100 miles and I felt strong making the split on the climb this time, but it all came 2gether for the final sprint which we had set up perfect with a damn good leadout train with me on Ty's wheel and Hutton on mine.. But with 400 meters left my front tire blew, and it screwed everything up....Oh well shit happens....You just gotta flush it down the tolit!!! The crit was horrible, it was more of a circuit race with a step climb....The 2 100 mile days got up with me and I blew....Nick finsihed in the lead group though placing 17th overall. On the bright side it was killer training.....Here are some stats....2nd day we average 24 mph, with a 9 miles climb in the course!!! 3rd day we avg 26 mph for 100 miles!!!! This race will pay off!

aj

No comments: