Monday, May 26, 2008

TOA

So the tour of atlanta turned out to be the tour of toshiba.....Why you may ask........well here is why.....It consisted of 7 days, 3 crits, street sprints, flat rr, ttt, and a flat tt. Toshiba is the number 1 crit team in the country so this race was made for them. The tt was bad for me.....I think i couldve had a top 15, but Buford's finest directed me the wrong way on the course, when i got back they let me do it again but i was fried, and on the 2nd tt i rode to a average 26th place. The street sprints were ok....i got a time bonus but toshiba kicked my ass in the 2nd round. The next day was a twilight crit with a U-turn in it, so i got a shity start and half way through the race I got popped. The next stage was a ttt, our team started with 7 guys and u had to have 3 to finish. i felt strong was pulling well....Our team ended up finsihing with 3 guys and i was one of the three so i was happy....Our team was 5 seconds out of 3rd and the first ameture team so that was good.....in the rr a big break got up the road so we rode tempo at the front with rock racing and jittery joes, so that was badass....The pro guys gave us alota props....The break came back and i finished in the field.....The next day was another crit, and i tried mixing it up in the sprint but i just didnt hav my normal kick.....Ty did a hell of a job for tenth......I was really fried so the next day, and last stage i jumped in the cat 2/3 crit,....I still felt like shit, but managed to get 3rd........The real story in our man Chris Butler getting 5th overall!!!! And the first non NRC rider!!!!!! He also got 2nd in the tt behind John Murphy and right in front of Frank Traviso!

A damn good race for the team but I felt fried and did my best to help the team....I think racing like 14 times in the past 3 weeks might have something to do with it, so ima chill for a little while and hopefully come back strong as hell....Thats all i got for now,,,,,

aj

No comments: