Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Boyton World Championship!!!!!!


Yes, you've heard right.....the Boyton World Championship ride is back starting this Thursday at 6:15!!!!!! This ride is in honor of North Georgia's famous mountian man Davey-Boy..... Davey Boy is stepping his game up from the mountians of GA to the mountians of Colorado.....So in honor of his departure were bringing back this famous ride.
So now for the history: This ride is were I first developed a taste and love of killing myself without any regard to the punishment of my body (in other words BIKE RACING) I would turn myself inside out for no rewards of any sort of cash value.....Nope the reward of Boyton is much more important.....Its the reward of pride and honor!!!! As a young wipper snapper I would consistantly get my ass whooped by the old legends of Chattanooga like Steve Carpenter, Ron Swope, my dad, Davey Boy, David Randolph, and everyone's arch rival's......THE TRIATHLETES!!!! They're a road racers worst nightmare.....They ride at the front hammering away for no cause except to cause pain on poor little kids like me......When I was a young boy I would be hanging on for dear life, cursing those damn triathletes and swearing revenge on them some day!!! So who were these peleton terrorist??? Well they went by the names of Marshall Martin, Jeff Gibson, and the king of all hammer heads...Keven Richerson AKA KR.....
So come witness the classic battle that will go down this Thursday......It's likely to be one that will be written in the legends along with Homer's great myths....

AJ

No comments: