Monday, May 5, 2008

The Double!!!!!!!!


Yep so this was probably one of the most successfull weekends of racing in a while.........I raced 2 crits this past weekend both being amoungst the biggest crits in the US. The first was Anniston so I'll just start my report with that one.

Anniston

Me an teammate Ben Gabardi lined up in the cat 2/3 field......We knew we had a shot at winning so from the start we were attacking like crazy.......I spent a good part of the race in multiple moves....Finally with 30min left in the race Ben got of the front with a huge gap.....I honestly thought my work was done, but with 4 laps to go Ben was reeled in.....so i positoned myself for the sprint, and with 1 to go Ben went to the front and pulled more and strung the field out....(this is after he just spent 20min solo of the front!!!!!!!) I came through thew last corner 5th wheel and just gave it hell all the way to the finsih line and gave out a total roid rage yell!!!! and crazy victory solute.........trust me though its not roids just an over due victory!!!!!

Roswell

We started this race with 5 guys......me Nick, Chris, Talbott, and Tyler...once again we attacked like crazy letting everyone know we were there........but like 20 minuetes in a 30 man pile up occured, with 4 of us being caught in it........We were all ok, but Chris's bike was screwed so he had to pull out.......When we got back into the race I was panicing cause the race was sketchy as a damn cat 5 race, but luckily teammate Tyler immedialty towed me to the front.......With one lap to go Talbott went to the front and totally killed it, when he pulled of Nick immeditlly took me to around 5th wheel through the last corner.....I once again started to sprint and started passing people.....I can remember thinking "Holy Sh**! I'm about to win again!" And so I completed the double,,,,,,actually I should re-phrase that, HINCAPIE/BARKELY DID THE DOUBLE!!!!!! Cause I wouldn't of have a snowballs chance in hell without the help of my teammates and sponsers..........

Also I wasn't the Only one to win this weekend......I was a small part of the Team's success.........Old man Carpenter pulled out the big W in the master's crit in Anniston in a field that included Frankie Andreau.....then took 2nd in the Master's crit in Roswell.......Veto also scored a top ten in that same race,,,,,,,,Ben Gabardi got a junior win in Anniston. But it doesnt stop there...........Chris Butler won the 2/3 race in Dillworth!!!!!!!!!!!! And Cinthea got 3rd in a huge women's field.............All I can say is that I am truely blessed to be on this team........

A heck of a weekend for the Hincapie/Barkley family!!!!!!!!
Hollar at everyone after Joe Martin



ps I hit a car during my warmup before the crit in anniston, but thats another story!

No comments: