Thursday, August 21, 2008

Cross Country Race 1

So despite not going to a single practice this season my coach is gracious enough to let me run in our first race. Before the race I knew my running form was not the greatest. I hadn't ran in about 10 months. So my stratagy was to get in the early break! lol Here is the race from my mind:

Boom! the gun sounds the race starts!

I'm on the lookout for the early move. Oh! my teammate is attacking. I'll go with him.

A third runner has joined us. We have a gap!

Damn this is hard. I begin to sit on the break.

Wow this isnt the same as cycling, im about to get dropped!

I'm still hanging on! The race favorite has bridged up! Looks like im in the move.

We pass the mile mark at 4:57! Shit i've never did a mile that fast!

Im dropped, I've hit the wall.

So yea i got dropped but then recovered and hung on for 5th place, which wasnt bad considering there were like 200 runners! And i havnt ran all year. Moral of this story is cycling tactics have no effect in running races. Oh well i got till october untill I have to run again!

No comments: