Monday, August 25, 2008

River Gorge Weekend

Sat. was the road race. The field was damn near the NRC level. Jittery Joes, DLP, Inferno, and Rock Racing where represented. Our plan was to set up our climbers. We started the race with like 90 guys. Unfortunartly we missed the main early move, so me and carp set hard tempo up until the main climb and pulled out. Our climbers had a bad day so the plan kinda failed but oh well....For most guys its really hard to be consistant this time of year anyways. On the bright side I felt really strong.

Crit.

So after feeling good in the road race i was really looking forward to the crit. I felt great the whole race, and raced aggressively. I missed the winning break of 4 that went almost from the gun. After that the racing got really negative. I ended up getting in great position on the last lap and taking second in the field sprint. I really thought I had it won! I was killing it the whole time, but with junior gears I just ran out of gears and 1 dude pipped me on the line.


So I was happy with my legs this weekend. I think my form is really coming around just intime for my trip to Italy. I've now come to the conclusion that im destined to be a classics rider, because I always feel great in the spring and fall.
I'll keep it updated.

aj

No comments: