Saturday, July 21, 2007

First Race

well as a team we did could. we had two guys in a break of four. that stayed away. we took 2nd and 4th. Jacob took 2nd, and Cody took 4th. i have never raced with such a strong junior team we were so aggressive. I finished 30th in the pack, and they payed 30 deep so that was good. I felt really strong and had some good moves. I put in an attack with 2 to go, and stayed away the whole lap an caught with one to go. the finishing sprint was a straight 2k road, with a tail wind, and with an overpass with 500 meters to go, so it was downhill as well. so it really didn't suit, so with 2k to go, i attacked with some other dude, an dropped the guy, on the overpass hill. at the top of the overpass hill i stood up an cramped. i guess all of my attacks caught up with me. I felt very strong, but i think I might have put in to many attacks. In tomarrow's race i'm going to attack fewer times, but go harder when i attack. On the bright side, I finished fairly easily in the pack, and last year i didn't even finish the first two races, so definatly an improvment there.
thats all i know for now,

aj

No comments: