Sunday, July 29, 2007

Podium Again!

Today was the longest and hardest race. It was in the high fifties, and windy as it's ever been. The Lituainian National team came to. I got the second pream. Then a break of two guys got away, with a strong belgium guy, and Adam Lebowitz. Adam is probably the strongest kid on our team on the flats, he can't climb to save his life though. I saw him go up the road so Me and teammate Ian Moore try to bridge. We hold the gap at 20 seconds for a while. Ian popped because he had a slow leek. So I drill it an bring the gap down even futher, but never made it across, so with 40k left to go I was all alone. I held it until 10k to go, when I belgium kid and a Lituainin bridge to me. We dropped the Lituainin on a hill, and I ended up taking the other dude in the sprint for 3rd. I think this is one of the best efforts in a race I've done all year. I was all alone in over half of our longest race, and still managed to get 3rd in the sprint. So two podiums in two days. Oh yea, we had to use our team jerseys today, so I flew the hincapie colors.

aj

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You guys are kickin ass!!!

We're proud of you AJ. No mercy for the euros :)

McAfee